Are you scared of your monthly utility bills?
Here are some smaller things you can do to help lower/control your monthly utility expenses.
1. Turn off the lights when you aren’t in a room.
2. Lower or raise the temperature your thermostat is set at (depending on the season).
3. Keep all your vents and registers open.
4. Sign up for budget billing if your utility company offers it.
5. Switch to high-efficiency light bulbs.
6. Avoid using space heaters and other supplementary heating methods.
7. Set your thermostat to “AUTO” instead of “ON.”
8. Wash your clothes in cold water.
9. Take shorter showers.
10. Open or close curtains depending on the season.
11. Unplug items like televisions, kitchen appliances and more when they aren’t in use.
12. Layer up instead of turning up the thermostat during the winter.
13. Have a timer for your lights.
14. Turn your hot water heater down.
15. Clean or replace your HVAC filter monthly.
16. Install ceiling fans in all rooms.
17. Keep your home sealed tight.
18. Install a programmable thermostat.
Want more energy-saving tips? Make sure you contact your local heating and air conditioning contractor. As spring gets closer and closer, make sure you start thinking about air conditioner preventative maintenance. This is the best way to ensure that your air conditioner is ready to tackle the summer heat.